Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2023 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is pleased to announce its selections for nine leadership positions:
ICANN Board of Directors
Public Technical Identifiers Board of Directors
At-Large Advisory Committee
Latin America and the Caribbean
Country Code Names Supporting Organization Council
Generic Names Supporting Organization Council
Desiree Zeljka Miloshevic Evans
Those selected will begin their terms at the conclusion of the ICANN78 Annual General Meeting in October 2023.
About the 2023 NomCom Applicants
The 2023 NomCom received 155 completed applications during the period from 11 January 2023 to 30 March 2023.
Of the 155 applicants:
- 39 percent were from Africa.
- 25 percent were from Asia, Australia, or the Pacific Islands.
- 9 percent were from Europe.
- 15 percent were from Latin America or the Caribbean.
- 12 percent were from North America.
- 27 percent were female, 59 percent were male, and 14 percent did not disclose.
The NomCom is charged with recruiting and selecting a portion of ICANN’s leadership. In doing so, the NomCom is mandated to ensure that ICANN’s overall leadership is diverse in geography, culture, skills, experience, and perspective. Further, selectees should:
- Have integrity, objectivity, and sound judgment.
- Support decision-making within groups.
- Work effectively in English.
- Understand ICANN’s mission.
- Be committed to ICANN’s success.
- Have experience in world affairs.
- Contribute to cultural, professional, and geographic expertise.
- Be able to work long and hard, generally as volunteers.
A Message From NomCom Chair Vanda Scartezini
The 2023 Nominating Committee is thankful for the numerous applications received. Although the NomCom cannot appoint everyone who applied, we encourage all applicants to continue participating, as your involvement is critical to ICANN’s mission.
The Nominating Committee wants to congratulate all the selected candidates.
To learn more about the Nominating Committee, visit: http://nomcom.icann.org.